Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Promised Update: I'm Off This Trial

Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the messages of support. Hearing from far-flung friends and family really does mean a lot and really helps me feel less alone in this. (Also helping me feel less alone are all the local friends who have come with me to appointments and provided support--emotional and practical--over the past year. They've especially spent a lot of time in Philadelphia traffic and for that I especially thank them.)

The news today was pretty much as expected: significant growth in the primary tumor (bad), but no new growth in the metastatic sites or any further spread (good!). I'm off this trial for now. We'll see what's next once I talk to my supervising oncologist in Boston on Thursday. There are a couple more trial suggestions, though unfortunately at last one involves chemotherapy. I'll let you know more when I know.

Love,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancer: an endurance test you can't opt out of

 Hello friends, I've decided to risk typing again, at least for a little while, because processing all the emotions of changing treatmen...