Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Update: Short and Sweet!

This is just a quick update but I knew you'd all want to know...For the first time I had pretty much only good news from my CT scans! Everything either stayed the same or got smaller - a lot smaller in some cases! 

For those interested in the clinical trial aspect I may post more details later; apparently any decrease in tumor size greater than 30% is a "partial response" and is a significant finding from a research standpoint. My initial tumor and my lymph node both decreased by more - closer to 50% - which is also good news for getting this on the road to FDA approval (and use in other patients). My doctors were, I think, almost as excited as I was.

I confess I was daydreaming that the cancer would just be GONE but I knew that wasn't realistic. This is the best result I could realistically hope for. I get to stay on the clinical trial and hope that things continue to shrink. 

Thanks to everyone for all the love and support - it made the wait a lot more bearable!

1 comment:

  1. Sending much love and prayers, Rebecca. We are rooting for you!
    {{Hugs}} Darlene D.

    ReplyDelete

Cancer: an endurance test you can't opt out of

 Hello friends, I've decided to risk typing again, at least for a little while, because processing all the emotions of changing treatmen...